I honestly never expected to be nominated for the Liebster award, yet alone twice, so thank you, thank you, Seed to Seedling and Katie’s Home for such an honor. I appreciate it! You both have lovely blogs that I enjoy following.
Here are my answers to the questions Seed to Seedling posed to her nominees:
1. What is something that you appreciate today and why? Today I appreciate just being me because I am so blessed!
2. What is something that you recently learned? I recently learned how to ski for the first time in my life! It was a lot of fun.
3. What is something that you love about yourself and why? I love how I march to my own beat instead of following the world’s expectations. I love this because I’m not looking to the world for acceptance and self-worth.
4. What is something that you had always wished to do and (have) achieved? I had always wished to see Italy and I was able to do that last March, with my husband for our twenty-third anniversary. It was a dream come true.
5. What is something that you still wish to do before you pass on? I would like to visit England someday and see where my Great Grandma Nellie grew up. She used to tell me stories from her childhood in England, before she came to America.
6. How many languages do you speak? I speak two, but my Spanish has a long ways to go.
7. If you made a New Year’s Resolution for 2015, did you work towards it throughout the year? If so, in what way? The biggest goal I worked on all year long in 2015 was studying The Old Testament in depth as I read it from cover to cover. I only got as far as 2 Samuel, so it’s a continuing goal that will probably take me well into 2017.
8. What is one way in which you live authentically? I live authentically by staying true to my beliefs and values instead of lowering or changing them to match the trends of the world.
9. What is one of your own ‘natural highs’? I love the natural high of curling up on the couch beside my daughter and watching a chick flick together.
10. What is your wish for the world and how do you work towards it? I truly wish for world peace and I do my part by trying to be Christlike to everyone in my life.
11. Direct us toward your favorite post on your blog, and tell us why it is. I like The Blessings of Time post because it sums up what I love most about homeschooling.
And from Katie’s Home–
- Favourite season? Autumn is my favorite season because of the colors.
- Favourite childhood memory? Going on a weekend trip with my favorite aunt and uncle.
- Favourite flower? Pink roses
- If you could have a superpower what would it be? I always dream of flying so that would probably be the one.
- Savoury or sweet? Sweet (chocolate)
- Beach or Pool? I prefer the beach because of the ocean view and the sand.
- Favourite piece of clothing? My fluffy bathrobe! It just makes me happy!
- Are you a recipe follower or recipe creator? I tend to follow most recipes, but once in a while I create my own just for fun.
- Most disliked household chore? It’s a toss up between dishes and laundry, simply because they are the two that can pile up the fastest and always need doing.
- Favourite boardgame? Clue, although I just learned Sequence and I like that one a lot.
- Favourite style of music? Michael Buble type songs
Here are the nominees I have chosen (in no particular order). I chose them because I already follow their delightful blogs and I only follow blogs that inspire me:
Instructions for New Nominees: